- Name: Convenience Store
- Director’s Name: Michael Borodin
- Genre: Drama
- Year: 2021
- Duration: 106 minutes
- Rating: 16+
- Country: Russia, Slovenia, Turkey
- Language: Uzbek, Russian
- Subtitling: English
- Screenplay: Michael Borodin
- Cast: Zukhara Sanzysbay, Lyudmila Vasilyeva, Tolibzhon Suleimanov
- Cinematography: Ekaterina Smolina/li>
- Editing: Alexandra Putsyato
- Production: Metra films, Perfo Production Ljubljana, Karma Films, Vladislav Ogay, Alexey Grishin, Diloy Gülün, Ales Pavlin
- Category: International Section
- Début Status: Arab Première
CICAE Award – Berlinale - Berlin International Film Festival 2022
Mukhabbat, lives and toils in a typical convenience store on the outskirts of Moscow. Just like other illegal migrants in the store she does not get a single ruble for her work and is not allowed to take even a short break. Mukhabbat puts an end to this life when the owner of the store abducts her newborn son. Overcoming despair and fear, Mukhabbat wins back her freedom and saves the others. For that she has to leave Russia. Back at home, in Uzbekistan, Mukhabbat starts fighting to get her child back at any cost. But she has to face a lot of challenges along the way, dealing with pain, loss and horrible compromises.
Michael Borodin was born in Toytepa, a small town near Tashkent, in 1987. He made his first film at the age of eighteen. In 2010, after graduating from the university, he moved to Moscow to study filmmaking where at first he led the life of an illegal immigrant. He worked as a delivery guy and an odd-job worker, then had a chance to pursue his passion for movies by enrolling into the film school of Alexander Mitta. In 2017 Michael made a short fiction film on the annexation of Crimea. In 2018 his short Normal was a part of La Semaine de la Critique. Michael works and lives in Uzbekistan and Russia, making films on pressing social issues.
Payment is accepted and available through:
- Visa Card, Master Card, PayPal.
- Aya Pay, Zain Cash, Orange Money, Umniah Uwallet, Dinarak, Gadha Wallet, MEPS National Wallet.
- Any e Wallet over the world.
- Any Bank accept QR Code over the world.
- Cash on Delivery (Amman Only).
REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES :
- Specific Health Guidelines
These protocols are meant to ensure your safety.
Food & Drinks :
- Cinema snacks (popcorn, soft drinks, chocolate, etc.) are available at specific selling
stalls at the location.
- Social distancing is to be maintained.
- WCs are available. Social distancing is to be respected while queuing.
- Vaccine certificate will be requested at entry.
- Doors open 15 min before your screening time (check ticket details).
- Doors close 10 minutes after the screening time. Anyone arriving late won’t be allowed in as it would disrupt the screening. There is no refund or exchange for the ticket.
- Each theater has its own number, to make it easier to locate.
- Children below 15 years are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Videotaping and photographing of movies on screen (including cell phones) is prohibited.
By buying the ticket, you agree to the following:
- The ticket is for one screening only.
- You cannot change screens at any time.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- The organizers are not responsible for lost or stolen items including, money & personal property.
- The organizers are not responsible for any injuries or accidents.
For reservations and inquiries, please call or WhatsApp