- Name: Costa Brava, Lebanon
- Director’s Name: Mounia Akl
- Genre: Drama
- Year: 2021
- Duration: 107 minutes
- Rating: 18+
- Country: Lebanon
- Language: Arabic
- Subtitling: English
- Screenplay: Mounia Akl, Clara Roquet
- Cast: Nadine Labaki, Saleh Bakri, Nadia Charbel, Ceana Restom & Geana Restom, Yumna Marwan, Liliane Chacar Khoury, François Nour
- Cinematography: Joe Saade
- Editing: Carlos Marques, Marcet, Cyril Aris
- Production: Myriam Sassine, Georges Schoucair
- Début Status: Jordanian Première
The Collateral Award Honorable Mention of the Fondation Fai Persona Lavoro Ambiente at Venice Film Festival; The NETPAC Award at Toronto International Film Festival; BFI London Film Festival Audience Award; the FIPRESCI Award and Green Star Award at El Gouna Film Festival (Egypt); the Critic's Award and Best Music Award at Cinemed – Montpellier (France)
In Costa Brava, Lebanon, the free-spirited Badri family escapes the overwhelming pollution and social unrest of Beirut by seeking refuge in a utopic mountain home they built for themselves. Unexpectedly, an illegal garbage landfill begins construction right next door. With it, comes the very trash and corruption they were trying to escape. As the landfill rises, so do family tensions. The Badris are left with a choice: stay off the grid or leave their idyllic home and face the reality they fled, hoping to stay true to their ideals.
Mounia Akl is an award-winning Lebanese filmmaker. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Architecture from ALBA and an MFA in Directing from Columbia University, her short film, Submarine (2016), was in the Official Selection of the 69th Cannes Film Festival (Cinéfondation), SXSW, TIFF and Dubai Film Festival where it won the Muhr Jury Prize. In 2017, Akl took part in the Lebanon Factory and co-directed a short film El Gran Libano, which opened Cannes Directors’ Fortnight and screened at BFI London among others. Costa Brava, Lebanon was developed during the Cannes’ Ciné fondation Residency.
Payment is accepted and available through:
- Visa Card, Master Card, PayPal.
- Aya Pay, Zain Cash, Orange Money, Umniah Uwallet, Dinarak, Gadha Wallet, MEPS National Wallet.
- Any e Wallet over the world.
- Any Bank accept QR Code over the world.
- Cash on Delivery (Amman Only).
REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES :
- Specific Health Guidelines
These protocols are meant to ensure your safety.
Food & Drinks :
- Cinema snacks (popcorn, soft drinks, chocolate, etc.) are available at specific selling
stalls at the location.
- Social distancing is to be maintained.
- WCs are available. Social distancing is to be respected while queuing.
- Vaccine certificate will be requested at entry.
- Doors open 15 min before your screening time (check ticket details).
- Doors close 10 minutes after the screening time. Anyone arriving late won’t be allowed in as it would disrupt the screening. There is no refund or exchange for the ticket.
- Each theater has its own number, to make it easier to locate.
- Children below 15 years are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Videotaping and photographing of movies on screen (including cell phones) is prohibited.
By buying the ticket, you agree to the following:
- The ticket is for one screening only.
- You cannot change screens at any time.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- The organizers are not responsible for lost or stolen items including, money & personal property.
- The organizers are not responsible for any injuries or accidents.
For reservations and inquiries, please call or WhatsApp