- Name: Soula
- Director’s Name: Salah Issaad
- Genre: Drama
- Year: 2021
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Rating: 18+
- Country: Algeria, France
- Language: Arabic (Algerian dialect)
- Subtitling: English
- Screenplay: Soula Bahri, Issaad Salah
- Cast: Soula Bahri , Idir Beinaibouche , Franck Yvari
- Cinematography: Arthur Fanget
- Editing: Salah Issaad
- Production: Salah Issaad, Abdelghafour Issaad, Franck Sottiaux, Issaad Film Production
- Début Status: Jordanian Première
Followed by a discussion with the director.
Best Feature Film at Beirut International Women Film Festival; Best Film and Best Actress at Malmo Arab Film Festival; Best Film at the African Asian Latin American Film Festival (Milano – Italy); Best Film and Best Actress at Festival Oriental du Film de Genève
Soula, a young single mother, is rejected by her family in the name of honour. Having nowhere to go when her father throws her out of her home, she calls upon many friends and relatives for help. As she embarks on a tumultuous 14-hour long journey, Soula’s sole goal is to spare her baby daughter her pain and struggles. But everything and everyone around her represents a potential threat and the line is often blurry between those who want to help her and those who pull her further into a spiral of violence. From Batna to Annaba, the young woman hops from one car to another swaying in between moments of exhilarating relief and banality with friends and moments of great angst and solitude. Against a backdrop of soothing landscapes, in a dystopic yet breath-taking road trip, Soula heads towards her inevitable destiny.
Salah Issaad is an Algerian director who was raised in a family of publishers. After receiving a bachelor's degree in Literature and Foreign languages in 2008, he joined the Law School of Batna in Algeria. He moved to France to complete his film studies for two years at the University of Paris VIII. Afterwards, he joined the ARFIS Audiovisual school in Lyon, then the Factory School in Villeurbanne where he obtained his Cinema director diploma. He has made several short films, where he deployed his passion for telling stories that appreciates human relationships. He likes to explore different narrative forms and film genres like drama, tragedy, stories inspired by real events, as well as comedies. Soula is his first feature, inspired by real events.
Payment is accepted and available through:
- Visa Card, Master Card, PayPal.
- Aya Pay, Zain Cash, Orange Money, Umniah Uwallet, Dinarak, Gadha Wallet, MEPS National Wallet.
- Any e Wallet over the world.
- Any Bank accept QR Code over the world.
- Cash on Delivery (Amman Only).
REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES :
- Specific Health Guidelines
These protocols are meant to ensure your safety.
Food & Drinks :
- Cinema snacks (popcorn, soft drinks, chocolate, etc.) are available at specific selling
stalls at the location.
- Social distancing is to be maintained.
- WCs are available. Social distancing is to be respected while queuing.
- Vaccine certificate will be requested at entry.
- Doors open 15 min before your screening time (check ticket details).
- Doors close 10 minutes after the screening time. Anyone arriving late won’t be allowed in as it would disrupt the screening. There is no refund or exchange for the ticket.
- Each theater has its own number, to make it easier to locate.
- Children below 15 years are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Videotaping and photographing of movies on screen (including cell phones) is prohibited.
By buying the ticket, you agree to the following:
- The ticket is for one screening only.
- You cannot change screens at any time.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- The organizers are not responsible for lost or stolen items including, money & personal property.
- The organizers are not responsible for any injuries or accidents.
For reservations and inquiries, please call or WhatsApp