- Name: Streams
- Director’s Name: Mehdi Hmili
- Genre: Drama
- Year: 2021
- Duration: 122 minutes
- Rating: 18+
- Country: Tunisia, Luxemburg, France, USA
- Language: Arabic (Tunisia)
- Subtitling: English
- Screenplay: Mehdi Hmili
- Cast: Slim Baccar, Afef Ben Mahmoud, Iheb Bouyahya
- Cinematography: kbal Arafa
- Editing: Ghalya Lacroix
- Production: Moufida Fedhila, Mehdi Hmil
- Début Status: Jordanian Première
Followed by a discussion with the director.
Best Director Award - Malmö Arab Film Festival, Special Jury Award - Kolkata International Film Festival, Best Director Award - Djerba International Film Festival, Best Screenplay Award - Institut Français – Tunis
Amel works in a factory in Tunis. She lives with her husband, Tahar, an alcoholic and a former local football player, and their only son, Moumen, a talented teenage football goalkeeper. To convince the boss of the factory to provide her with connections for her son, Amel betrays her fellow workers, who have been organizing a strike. Amel meets the connection: Imed, a wealthy businessman, who takes advantage of the situation and abuses Amel. She surrenders in order to offer her son the opportunity of a lifetime. They get arrested by the police. Accused of adultery and prostitution, Amel gets imprisoned. Moumen is destroyed by the scandal. He becomes violent, stops his football career and starts drinking and taking drugs.After her release, Amel searches for Moumen in the lower and violent streets of Tunis. In this long quest for the missing son, Amel has to face the falling Tunisian society.
Mehdi Hmili is a Tunisian director, screenwriter and producer. He studied cinema in Paris. He directed three short films in France about love and exile, X-Moment, Li-La and The Nuit of Badr. In 2016 he released his first feature film Thala Mon Amour, a love story that takes place during the Tunisian revolution. He co-founded Yol Film House with Moufida Fedhila in Tunis and produced several award-winning fiction films and documentaries in several international festivals. In 2019 he participated in La Fabrique of Les Cinémas du Monde at Cannes Film Festival with the feature documentary Fouledh. His second feature film Streams is in official selection and world premiere at the 74th Locarno Film Festival. Mehdi Hmili is part of the new wave of young Tunisian filmmakers and he is a major figure in the current Tunisian cinematographic landscape. His production company "Yol Film House'' plays an active role in supporting Tunisian talent and its productions have strong potential for co-production and international distribution. Mehdi Hmili is a Torino Film Lab Alumni. He lives and works between Tunis and Paris
Leading Actor’s Bio:
Iheb Bouyahia was born in Tunis. He played football until the age of 17 but stopped his career after an injury. He enrolled in theatre classes in Tunis and began a career as an actor. He entered the prestigious Conservatoire d'Art Dramatiques in Tunis the following year where he became passionate about Chekhov. He is one of the most talented young ُTunisian actors of his generation. At 19 years old, Iheb played his first major role in the cinema in Mehdi Hmili’s film Streams
Payment is accepted and available through:
- Visa Card, Master Card, PayPal.
- Aya Pay, Zain Cash, Orange Money, Umniah Uwallet, Dinarak, Gadha Wallet, MEPS National Wallet.
- Any e Wallet over the world.
- Any Bank accept QR Code over the world.
- Cash on Delivery (Amman Only).
REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES :
- Specific Health Guidelines
These protocols are meant to ensure your safety.
Food & Drinks :
- Cinema snacks (popcorn, soft drinks, chocolate, etc.) are available at specific selling
stalls at the location.
- Social distancing is to be maintained.
- WCs are available. Social distancing is to be respected while queuing.
- Vaccine certificate will be requested at entry.
- Doors open 15 min before your screening time (check ticket details).
- Doors close 10 minutes after the screening time. Anyone arriving late won’t be allowed in as it would disrupt the screening. There is no refund or exchange for the ticket.
- Each theater has its own number, to make it easier to locate.
- Children below 15 years are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Videotaping and photographing of movies on screen (including cell phones) is prohibited.
By buying the ticket, you agree to the following:
- The ticket is for one screening only.
- You cannot change screens at any time.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- The organizers are not responsible for lost or stolen items including, money & personal property.
- The organizers are not responsible for any injuries or accidents.
For reservations and inquiries, please call or WhatsApp