- Name: The River
- Director’s Name: Ghassan Salhab
- Genre: Drama
- Year: 2021
- Duration: 101 minutes
- Rating: 18+
- Country: Lebanon, France, Germany, Qatar
- Language: Arabic (Lebanese Dialect)
- Subtitling: English
- Screenplay: Ghassan Salhab
- Cast: Ali Suliman, Yumna Marwan
- Cinematography: Bassem Fayad
- Editing: Michele Tyan
- Production: Khamsin Films, Les Films de l'Atlaï, The Postoffice, Tania El Khoury, Titus Kreyenberg
- Category: Franco-Arab Rendez-Vous
- Début Status: Jordanian Première
It’s autumn. A young woman and an older man are having lunch on the terrace of a restaurant located in the midst of a mountainous landscape in Lebanon. Suddenly the sky darkens, followed by rumbling sounds. Fighter planes crisscross the sky. As the man heads to his car to leave the place, the woman disappears
Ghassan Salhab (born 4 May 1958) is a Lebanese screenwriter and film director born in Dakar, Senegal. In addition to making his own films, he collaborates on various scenarios and teaches film in Lebanon. He has directed six feature films; Beyrouth Fantôme, Terra Incognita, The Last Man, 1958, The Mountain and The Valley. His films have been selected in various international film festivals. He has finished the shooting of The River, in addition to numerous “essays” and different “video works” including "Posthumous," "Chinese Ink," "Son Image," and Le voyage Immobile," on which he collaborated with Lebanese documentary filmmaker Mohamed Soueid.In 2016, he was a DAAD (Berlin) guest-resident. La Rochelle International Film Festival, JC Carthage and La Cinémathèque du Québec made a tribute to his work. He has also published different texts and articles in various magazines and a book, “fragments du Livre du naufrage”.
Payment is accepted and available through:
- Visa Card, Master Card, PayPal.
- Aya Pay, Zain Cash, Orange Money, Umniah Uwallet, Dinarak, Gadha Wallet, MEPS National Wallet.
- Any e Wallet over the world.
- Any Bank accept QR Code over the world.
- Cash on Delivery (Amman Only).
REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES :
- Specific Health Guidelines
These protocols are meant to ensure your safety.
Food & Drinks :
- Cinema snacks (popcorn, soft drinks, chocolate, etc.) are available at specific selling
stalls at the location.
- Social distancing is to be maintained.
- WCs are available. Social distancing is to be respected while queuing.
- Vaccine certificate will be requested at entry.
- Doors open 15 min before your screening time (check ticket details).
- Doors close 10 minutes after the screening time. Anyone arriving late won’t be allowed in as it would disrupt the screening. There is no refund or exchange for the ticket.
- Each theater has its own number, to make it easier to locate.
- Children below 15 years are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Videotaping and photographing of movies on screen (including cell phones) is prohibited.
By buying the ticket, you agree to the following:
- The ticket is for one screening only.
- You cannot change screens at any time.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- The organizers are not responsible for lost or stolen items including, money & personal property.
- The organizers are not responsible for any injuries or accidents.
For reservations and inquiries, please call or WhatsApp