- Name: Zalava
- Director’s Name: Arsalan Amir
- Genre: Drama
- Year: 2021
- Duration: 93 minutes
- Rating: PG 13
- Country: Iran
- Language: Kurdish, Persian
- Subtitling: English
- Screenplay: Arsalan Amiri, Tahmineh Bahram, Ida Panahandeh
- Cast: Navid Pourfaraj, Pouria Rahimi Sam, Hoda Zeinolabedin
- Cinematography: Mohammad Rasouli
- Editing: Emad Khodabaksh
- Production: Samira Baradari, Rouhollah Baradari, Ruth Yoshie Linton
- Category: International Section
- Début Status: Jordanian Première
Best Director (Arsalan Amiri) + Best Actor (Navid Farjzdadeh) - Duhok International Film Festival, Best Film (Next Wave section) - Fantastic Fest Austin, Grand Prix + FIPRESCI - Venice Critics Week
In 1978, the inhabitants of a small village in Iran called Zalava claim there is a demon among them. Massoud, a young gendarmerie sergeant, who investigates this claim encounters an exorcist attempting to rid the village of the demon. When he arrests the exorcist on charges of fraud, the villagers fear and anger escalates. Massoud and his love interest, a government doctor, soon find themselves trapped in a cursed house, surrounded by villagers who believe they are both possessed by the demon.
Amiri was born on April 22, 1975 in Kurdistan, Iran. He holds a B.A. in Film Directing from the Art University of Tehran and a Masters in Dramatic Literature from the University of Tehran. In 2003, He began to write scripts, edit, and make documentaries. His first co-written feature script, Nahid (2015), directed by Ida Panahandeh, won the Promising Future Prize in Un Certain Regard at the 68th Cannes Film Festival. He continued his collaboration with Panahandeh in her last three films: Israfil (2017), The Nikaidos' Fall (2018- Japan & Hong Kong), and TiTi (2020) as co-writer, editor, and producer. He made his first feature film, Zalava in 2021 in Kurdistan of Iran
Payment is accepted and available through:
- Visa Card, Master Card, PayPal.
- Aya Pay, Zain Cash, Orange Money, Umniah Uwallet, Dinarak, Gadha Wallet, MEPS National Wallet.
- Any e Wallet over the world.
- Any Bank accept QR Code over the world.
- Cash on Delivery (Amman Only).
REGULATIONS & GUIDELINES :
- Specific Health Guidelines
These protocols are meant to ensure your safety.
Food & Drinks :
- Cinema snacks (popcorn, soft drinks, chocolate, etc.) are available at specific selling
stalls at the location.
- Social distancing is to be maintained.
- WCs are available. Social distancing is to be respected while queuing.
- Vaccine certificate will be requested at entry.
- Doors open 15 min before your screening time (check ticket details).
- Doors close 10 minutes after the screening time. Anyone arriving late won’t be allowed in as it would disrupt the screening. There is no refund or exchange for the ticket.
- Each theater has its own number, to make it easier to locate.
- Children below 15 years are not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Videotaping and photographing of movies on screen (including cell phones) is prohibited.
By buying the ticket, you agree to the following:
- The ticket is for one screening only.
- You cannot change screens at any time.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- The organizers are not responsible for lost or stolen items including, money & personal property.
- The organizers are not responsible for any injuries or accidents.
For reservations and inquiries, please call or WhatsApp